rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a full set of dining room furniture that belonged to

Customer Question

Hi, I have a full set of dining room furniture that belonged to my great grandmother. We are trying to find out the value of it. We can only find three numbers on the back of all the pieces. Do you have any suggestions.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: We also have a painting by Paul Seignac called Children at Play. I have looked online and found several of his paintings, but not that one. We are wondering the value of that also. Lastly, I have a huge set of China and am wondering the value of that. Can you give me advice on the quickest way to find the value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos with your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and any marks or labels.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a few pictures, i will send in a little while. Thanks

great, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are pictures of the dining table, china hutch, dining chairs, and painting. I also have a small buffet and large buffet that matches at home. I can send pictures later. I have a ton of pictures of China and crystal also. I thought I should send those in a separate message.

This is a circa 1940's mahogany dining room set made with banded inlay and the table with a stretcher base.

The chairs are cane back with light upholstered seats. This set would have been style number 497, but

the actual manufacturer would be unknown since most US makers made this style in the 1940's.

A set that consists of a table, chairs, china hutch, small sideboard, and large sideboard has a value of $2000 to $2500.00.

If you have another item, please start a new question and ask forCustomerto get me again.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

It was my impression that you just had the dining set for this question.

I thought the painting and the other items were going to be later in their own questions, yes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, well my original question included all three so I am confused. Thank you

I misunderstood the wording in your original query, my apologies.

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer for all of these items. Does that sound fair?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you opt out, what do I do to contact another expert?

All experts will see it when I unlock/opt-out. They will get credit for the dining set, but that was my fault.

They will be able to see the photos you have added and our conversation. I can't answer back once I opt-out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am just curious, why can't you answer them? Is it too many items or not your specialty?

I thought/misunderstood that it was the one item/matched dining set

in this question and that the other items were going to be in new questions.

I do specialize in all of these other items.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this fee is just not enough for all of those items?

I have not seen all of them (no painting pictures here, for example), so if there is even one that I find that I cannot assess, I would have to opt-out.

I will go ahead and do that now. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.