rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an original oil painting with a certificate of

Customer Question

Hello - I have an original oil painting with a certificate of authenticity attached with the following information: gallery Merrill Chase, No. 122229 WXW, Title: Floral, Artist: Silver, Is: an original painting. It is a painting game of flowers. The canvas portion is approximately 12 inches wide and 24 inches in height. It is framed. Does this painting have any value? Thank You - Karin
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting and
signature. There was only one picture of the label.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi - thanks for your help. Please let me know if you need additional photos or info. Karin

Thank you. I did get the photo and wanted you to know.

I am getting ready to go out and vote, so I will work on this as soon as I return.

You will get an email with my answer a bit later today.

Merrill Chase of Chicago sold both professional and amateur artists, though not all the artists they represented have yet become listed or known. We see many of these pieces here at justanswer. A listed artist means one whose works has re-sold to the public through auction, establishing a collectible secondary market. This piece is by an artist named Silver, of which there is no current listed (known) artist. The numbers on the back relate to a custom framing order and not to the artist.

Unlisted realist floral paintings from the 1960's-1980's of this size carry average estimates of $100 to $250.

If interested in selling your painting, I would suggest contacting Leslie Hindman Auction house in Chicago, where Merrill Chase paintings would have some interest to her bidders http://www.lesliehindman.com/

You could also try Heritage Auctions, who occasionally take on artwork by unlisted artists www.ha.com

Some other, more common sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.