Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I inherited a tea set - a teapot, creamer, sugar bowl, 6

Customer Question

I inherited a tea set - a teapot, creamer, sugar bowl, 6 teacups and saucers, that has been in my family for four generations. It has an irridescent pearl finish with lavender edges and scenes that look like a Victorian version of Moses (could be some other pictures - women in flowing Greek gowns and head pieces, but with a small boy in the pictures.) As far as I can tell, this probably came from the 1976 World's Fair in Philadelphia, but I am also wondering about the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: This tea set is in mint condition, no chips or wear. It is visually stunning and unusual. The shape of the tea pot is not round or square but gracefully tapered down to a scalloped base. Would love to know its worth. There is a family legend attached to it, but later on that. Do you have enough info to make a try at its worth?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where shall I send them?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora