LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Please confirm that Finnigans Makers London, have a whisky

Customer Question

Please confirm that Finnigans Makers London, have a whisky crystal flask in a leather case. The flask that I have has broken and I need to know it's $ value or if it is still available? Thanking you.
Myra
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a

certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

I have a few questions what are the measurements of the glass flask?

Is the box originally what this flask came in?

I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
9cm long
7cm wide
In original box
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please answer I don't want to call
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still able to help

Hello thank you for the measurements. I will now begin the research and post back here when completed. No, I do not have control of pop up ads or phone requests I am sorry if you are getting requests on phones calls etc. It is not coming from me. I will post my information back here within our chat when I am completed and you will receive an email when I respond. Thank you again I am working on this now for you.

Yes, I will be able to help you on this flask :)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am getting concerned about the money that has been charged.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there

Hi yes I am looking for your information now. I have nothing to do with the fees and such as I am just here a certified appraiser and help customers. If you have questions of fees and such you can contact the company at***@******.*** and talk to them about fees and things of this nature. I am a certified antique appraiser. I will post back here when completed with all my research on your item.

Hello, thank you for allowing me t research this.

Yes they did sell whiskey flasks which were crystal with silver cap. Finnigans was primarily a department store with shops in Manchester where the shop was founded by Benjamin Finnigan in 1875.They also manufactured luxury silver items and registered marks at London, Dublin, Chester and Sheffield in 1901 and with their Birmingham office in 1904. Finnigans went on to have shops in Salford and Liverpool. They were famous in their day for golf clubs with their own club.They maintained premises in London up until 1968 in Sloane Square in Chelsea. Finnigans were prestigious luggage makers from Manchester and Liverpool.The factory was at Deansgate in Manchester. They were well known for their quality. Around 1900, they began making razors, whiskey flasks, suits, items that a gentleman would use, wear and carry. They were considered a fine high end department store by the early 1900s era. The flask has a value of 125.00 in good condition and the box has a value of 100.00 considering the staining and wear to the box. Together there is a value combined of 225.00-250.00 They are no longer in business so you would need to search online for a crystal flask by Finnigans. You could find one possibly but it will take time to find it- checking antique stores and higher end thrift stores. Your best bet would be in or around London also in finding one. Keep the one you have damaged so you may compare it in size and the cap should also interchange and fit perfectly on the next one. It is possible to find one but it will take time to find one. Doing a search now I have found none online currently. If you have any questions further please let me know before rating my answer so I may help you completely.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.