LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Who is this? When was it made? What is it made from? How

Customer Question

Who is this? When was it made? What is it made from? How much is it worth.?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 30 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am a

certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

I have a few questions what are the measurements of this bust?

On the material it is made of : is it cold to the touch?

Heavy in weight or light? If lightly scratched on bottom with your thumb nail

Does it leave a mark or show nothing? All this helps in evaluating for accurate

Value and information Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Width of base 18" depth of base 9" height 20". 50lbs to 70lbs. yes it can be scratched. Yes it is cold to the touch. It was in the sunlight through a window and has darkened on top and in the back.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Call at(###) ###-#### If questions are too detailed of type out.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 26 days ago.

Hello thank you for your patience. This has been an interesting research piece. This is an Italian marble bust of a young woman. There is no way to say with certainty whom she is other then a young Italian woman from 1890-1910 era. the dress and structure places the age. The white marble has turned discolored over time being in direct sunlight. The cherubs on the bottom base are to guide and watch over her. This is a mantle piece or center table statue. It is solid and well carved. Has a value of 1***-**-****.00 with an insurance value of 2200.00 if you wish to insure the piece. It is a very nice bust and if you have no names or providence to the piece I can not say with certainty who she would have been. During this period in Italy these were done of wives, daughters, government leaders etc. The higher social level you were they were carved of the women and men in the families for decor in the social rooms. Very nice item. Thank you for sharing.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.