rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a egg 4 x 3 the marking on the bottom is a crown

Customer Question

I have a egg 4 x 3 the marking on the bottom is a crown under the crown the letters PM around the crown is Dresden China with Germany 2 the egg is in two halves on the top is painted a selection of flowers, orotund the edge it looks like border of leaves
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a Moschendorf porcelain egg trinket box.

The PM represents Porzellan Moschendorf of Dresden, Germany (the company formerly using a Bavaria mark).

The word Dresden indicates a date of the late 1940-early 1950's.

This egg has a current value of $30USD to $40USD retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.