Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have ax hune oak logs in a one and a half story cabin.

Customer Question

Hello. I have ax hune oak logs in a one and a half story cabin. Some of the logs are 18 feet long and some are 20 feet long and it stands 18 feet tall. what would the price for these logs be?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: This log house dates back to 1837 or 1838. the logs are covered on the outside by wood siding and aluminum siding installed in the 1950s. The interior was covered with bead board that has been removed. Some of the original chinking remains between the logs.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Are you considering dismantling the cabin and selling log by log or are you seeking a real estate property estimate based on value of each log?

~Nora