Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

3) Korean Vase - The Goryeo Dynasty 918 - 1392. I await your

Customer Question

3) Korean Vase - The Goryeo Dynasty 918 - 1392. I await your response. Thanks.Brian
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 26 days ago.

Hi Brian,
This is Robert here.

Did you get my response to your "I await your response" or is this a different vase?

Or are you looking for a second opinion?

If so, I will happily opt out and another appraiser will respond.

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Robert:This is the same vase. I am just a bit disappointed about the value, but thanks.Regards,Brian
Expert:  Robert S. replied 26 days ago.

I understand, it certainly is disappointing, especially since you may have been given the misinformation that it's a lot older than it is.

Thank you for not shooting the messenger. You'd be doubly disappointed if I gave you false hope when and if you came to sell it, if I told you it was worth $$$.

If you do an eBay "Completed Listings", search putting in the keywords "Cranes Korean vase", you'll see scores of examples almost identical to yours selling for equally modest prices.

There are some examples that show up occasionally that do reach high three figure, or low four figure values, but these were a type that were produced in the late 1800s to early 1900s during an earlier episode of Goryeo-revival. Again, they have slightly different characteristics to yours.

Best wishes,
Robert.