Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My siblings are executors and beneficaries of our Fathers

Customer Question

My siblings are executors and beneficaries of our Fathers Estate, there is a substancial amount of Mostly English fine china. How can the value be determined?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I think the most valuable tea set, which has 6 cups and saucers with 2 cake plates. Its only markings are red numers. There is no maker identified. I have a photo to attach but not sure how on this site. the number on one of the cups is 4843 white base, cobolt blue, gold decoration and trim. I think that it goes back to the mid to late 1800's
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: there is also internal gold decorations
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl