Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just inherted an Acorn Pottery Vase,bowl and pitcher. The

Customer Question

I just inherted an Acorn Pottery Vase,bowl and pitcher. The large floor vase is in perfect condition. The markings on it is ACORN at the top then the Roman numeralsIV thes no 28 no. 5 on left side R in the middle thenF. At the bottom of rh pentagon water mark is the captial H with P and Bat the bottom. Then on the right side of this water marking is a 5 isolated by itself. I also have a matching pitcher and large bowl which are not in perfect condition. I am trying to find out the value of these items and how to sell them. I know they have been in the family for generations but do not know how to go about discovering their worth. Can you help me? I took a photograph on my cell phone but do not know how to send it in this conversation. Thanks ! Susan Louzzi
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How do I go about finding a knowledgeable appraiser of pottery in the Denver Co. area?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They came from the island of Idlewilde in the thousand islands over 100 years ago and were in the Greiner family. Everyone is deceased so I do not know much more than that except the island was owned by a New York city lawyer who bought the island to get away and these items came from that families home.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 27 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora