Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique tree created expressly for the Columbian

Customer Question

I have an antique hall tree created expressly for the Columbian Exposition of 1893. It is constructed of tiger oak, has two stained glass panels and three beveled mirrors and an imprint od C. Columbus.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is 94 inches tall, 40 inches wide and 16 inches deep. The seat and back rest are covered with elephant ear leather-truly a one of a kind piece.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: This hall tree was crafted in 1892, in Rockford, IL.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Please send images of the hall tree. In addition, do you know who made this for the Columbian Expo of 1893?

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora