LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I am trying to find an approximate value on a few pieces, I

Customer Question

I am trying to find an approximate value on a few pieces
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a 4 piece Favorite Bavaria porcelain vanity set that is in great condition. I also have a pink brides basket bowl
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: No because I do not know a whole lot about the items as they were my mothers.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post a few photos of the items for review. This helps me to give you accurate values and information. Click file upload and follow the prompts or send by email to***@******.*** and put "forCustomerquot; in the email so the company knows to forward to me. I look forward to helping you. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you. Attached are the pics.

Hi Thank you for your patience. These are two exquisite items. the dresser vanity set is 1890-1910 4 piece Bavarian set. All look to be in excellent condition powder box, trinket box, ring box and tray. The value is today's market is 225-275.00 with an insurance value of 300.00. This is a set that was upon a ladies vanity dresser and kept a ladies jewelry or cosmetics readily at hand to dress, accessorize and be ready for the day.

The Victorian Brides basket - 1900-1920s pink on white cased with elegant flare. This has a value of 145-150.00 with an insurance value of 180.00 If you have the silver case this would sit in that has the handle the value for the set would be 275.00 These were passed down from mothers to daughters on their wedding day. Heirloom piece and would sit at the head table of the couple during their reception, usually held delicate biscuits or candies in a center piece placing. Collectors buy these as each were usually different and they serve many purposes in today's world. Hard to find in excellent condition without chips or cracks.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.