Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Omg so nice to meet you thank you i believe im about to make

Customer Question

omg so nice to meet you thank you i believe im about to make a big mistake i inherited 60 pieces of porecelain china trimmed in gold i believe my grandma purchased around 1980? about 36yrs old the more i research and learn the difference how much should i truly sell it for and it is in mint condition no chips original box material etc kept in a china cabinet
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: only that i have many sets lol of different china and some of it belonged to my great grandma
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send an image of the front of a plate in your set and the backside so I can see the mark.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 30 days ago.

The value of the set really depends on the maker, age and pattern as well as the market interest. Currently, the market is extremely flat on china sets as less people purchase these and dine on fine china at home on a daily basis. A fair average would be to take the number of pieces you have and multiply by 4 to get an idea of what this could sell for on today's market. Please feel free to let me know the maker name or send images.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora