LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a large cloisonne vase (19 inches high) that has some

Customer Question

I have a large cloisonne vase (19 inches high) that has some damage ( a dent approximately 2 inches by 1 inch). The vase belonged to my wife's grandmother and since my wife would have been 77 years of age, I would guess that the vase in in excess of 100 years old. I have an estimate for repair costs of between
$700 and $800 with an additional cost of $2300 for something called an invisible finish. Does the vase have enough value to justify either repair?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. You have a beautiful cloisonne vase, Chinese, 1880-1900 period. The value in today's market on the vase is 2600.00 if it was not damaged. Damaged the vase resells for(###) ###-####00 I would say to have the repair done however the invisible finish I personally would pass on unless it is something you would truly want. Selling the vase you would need to disclose it had been repaired anyway. The finish is a coating over the entire vase to make it appear as it had never been touched. So that part is a personal choice. To insure the vase as is 1600.00

Thank you for sharing this it is a great vase.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.