LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Have some old geisha combs trying to find a value or

Customer Question

have some old geisha combs trying to find a value or resource
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: bekko kushi with sparrow umbrella and willow motif 19th cent
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: professionally framed
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. What is the measurements of the combs? Can you post photos of the combs so I may be able to evaluate for age, condition and design. All of this allows me to give you an accurate value. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
4 inches attached pics
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello

Thank you I was working on another question I appreciate your fast reply. I will now review these thank you again.

Thank you for the photos and information. This is an exquisite comb professionally framed in a complimentary frame. The value on this is 125-150.00 The Geisha combs from this period are rare to find in such excellent condition and the design is beautifully intact and nicely done. The comb set off the appearance of the Geisha and added elegance to her beauty. The age is 1850-1860 period. Do keep the white card with the frame as this shows where it was purchased and what it is.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Hello I wanted to check and see if I may answer any further questions on the combs? I am happy to help you more on these if you have m=further questions.