rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I bought a vase at a garage sale for $2.00 It is glass with

Customer Question

Hi I bought a vase at a garage sale for $2.00
It is glass with minty green sunflowers. The signature is etched at the bottom in the middle I can't really tell but it starts with V--l-ge I think
It ia round ,11-12 inches high . It is bigger at the opening than and narrows towards the bottom
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

The photo that you added is of the mark, which I do know.

I would also like one photo of the vase as well so that I can give you an approximate age and value.

You can use the Add Files feature to add another picture.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't seem to send another photo , can look at the first one I sent
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is an American Verlys glass vase in the Alpine Thistle pattern. Verlys glass was first made in Rouen, France, by the Société Holophane Français, a company that started in 1920. It was made in Newark, Ohio, from 1935 to 1951. Verlys molds were leased to the A.H. Heisey company from 1955 to 1957. The American glass is signed with a diamond-point-scratched name, but the French pieces are marked with a molded signature. The designs resemble those used by Lalique. This vase was made circa 1950 in Ohio and has a current value of $250.00 to $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did !! Thank you for the info . I've been to some websites but I cannot find any vases like mine in the mint color only without color
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

The fact that there are not any for sale at this moment in time and the fact that you don't see any on the internet does not reflect on a rare or higher value than the clear ones.

Please do click the five stars and hit the green submit button for me, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Please do let me know.