rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I HAVE COME ACROSS 4 PLATES AT AN ODDS n ENDS STORE THAT i

Customer Question

I HAVE COME ACROSS 4 PLATES AT AN ODDS n ENDS STORE THAT i PAID $5 FOR EACH. 3 - GONE WITH THE WIND BOOKS AND 1 SHIRLEY TEMPLE PLATES. DID I PAY TOO MUCH? THANKS
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: CORRECTED COPY. I HAVE RUN ACROSS 3 PLATED OF GONE WITH THE WIND AM 1 SHIRLEY TEMPLE PLATE I PAID $5 EACH. DID I GET A GOOD DEAL? THANKS. ANN
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: YES. ONE PLATE I CALLED "RHETT" IT HAS CERTIFICATE PAPERS AND IS THE EDWIN M. KNOWLES CHINA CO. ON THE CERTIFICATE IS THE PLATE#4239 IN THE ORIGINAL BOX.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

The Rhett Gone with the Wind plate by Edwin Knowles China co in the box has a current value of $20.

The three Shirley Temple plate have values of $20 to $30 each retail.

Great treasure hunting!

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.