rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Have a set of rose colored plates with pheasants or flowers,

have a set of rose colored plates with pheasants or flowers, with tiny cups with pheasants on the inside. the bottom says tatman chicago spode copelands china england with a number R9227. are these worth keeping?

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

This is a set of Copeland Spode English china made in the Chelsea bird series

a design that was produced in many colors and variations. This set is in rose

and was made for Tatman's, a retail department store in Chicago in the 1920's.

Each dinner plate has a value of $20, smaller plates, $10.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

A set of demitasse cups and saucer would have a value of $15 to $20 per set, forgot to add that.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
why are they numbered and marked england if they were made in chicago?

They were not made in Chicago, they were SOLD in Chicago.

They were made in England for this store in Chicago. It is common to have both a maker and a retailer mark.