Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Doris - This Majolica Pitcher stands 6-1/2" tall and is

Customer Question

For Doris Only
Hi Doris - This Majolica Pitcher stands 6-1/2" tall and is 5-1/2" from the edge of the handle to the lip. Can you provide some information?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. I will forward this to the expert that you
requested to let her know a question has been posted for her.
I will opt out of this, so she can address this as soon as she signs in.

Rarewares

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 months ago.

Once again, thank you for requesting me.

Thank you also for the information and photos.

I plan to return soon.

Kind regards,

Doris

This English - made Majolica jug/pitcher was made ca 1890s. The stylized decoration merges grays, browns and greens.

My research of current values indicates that your pitcher would have an estimated retail value of $160-180 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

Again,

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.