Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I wasn't expecting a response so quickly. Thank you. I

Customer Question

I wasn't expecting a response so quickly. Thank you. I haven't read the instructions for the website yet. I have a metal York and Towne Mfg Co little pierced plate, perhaps a calling card plate, that has horses with riders that look like Greek gods and goddesses around the 4 sides and acanthas leaves and long neck birds filling in between. I saw one of these on an auction site online a couple of years ago that had a price of $1500, which seemed ridiculous to me. I wanted to verify value. How can I post a photo?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: An elderly client of mine, (I own a senior home-care company) told me that it was hidden in the wall of a big old house that her uncle was tearing down in Memphis TN, making way for a new office building back in the 1970's. The house was a pre-civil war house, and silver and other misc items had been hidden in the wall. This piece has been painted with antique gold colored paint, so I can cant tell what kind of metal it is. I would guess copper or bronze. It is heavy.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't complete my inquiry to have it ready for a reply without being able to post a photo. How do I do that?
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl