Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

3 of 4 1 of 4 Airshows/Aviation Posters/Prints I have a pile

Customer Question

3 of 4 1 of 4 Airshows/Aviation Posters/Prints I have a pile of vintage aviation & airshow posters/prints that I’ve divided up into more helpful bite-size groupings & I've gone through the trouble of listing all of the pertinent info below to make your job much easier, I hope...please let me know if you need any additional pics, as I have a great many with far better details & such, which I'll send along asap.
1. "Duxford Sunday 8 July" "Classic Fighter Display 1990" "Imperial War Museum" "Game 1990" measuring approx 18"x28" (from UK?)
2. Normandy Invasion "A Warbird Gathering Airshow" "Geneseo, NY, September 9, 10, 11 1994, c. Frank H Schaufler" "The 1941 Historical Aircraft Group, Inc. is not affiliated with the National Warplane Museum, Inc. or the Wings of Eagles Air Show" measuring "20x26" approximately
3. "National Warplane Museum Presents The 1941 Airshow" "Wings of Eagles" "The Largest Collection of WWII Aircraft in the East" Batavia, NY" "September 19-20" & measures "19x25" approximately
4. French Airshow poster "Spectacle Aerien May 26, 1996" measuring approx 15.50"x23.50"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello

I wanted to let you know your question has been seen, if there is an expert who can answer this. They will pick it up when they sign on. I will opt out of this to allow them to pick it up.

Glenda

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

These are fairly contemporary Airshow posters and they would currently sell for an average of $20 each on today's market. You would likely garner more, in this case, by having the collection of Air Show posters sold together as a collection that had been gathered over the years as opposed to individually. This is not the norm, but in this instance the collective value may be higher given the young age of the posters. I recommend contacting Chisholm-Larsson in NYC if you are considering selling. Here is a link to their site for you: https://www.chisholm-poster.com/

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora