AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have 5 antique Wedgwood soup bowls. I have checked the

Customer Question

I have 5 antique Wedgwood soup bowls. I have checked the markings on line, but am not completely sure of the date. They have the Wedgwood marking with the vase with the wording WEDGWOOD BONE CHINA" with "MADE IN ENGLAND" AND Q6" below. As much as I can tell they are perhaps dated about 1888-1891, but please advise. I would like to find another 2 to 4. I purchased them in Scotland about 8 years ago.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: They are a brown on cream pattern. Wide scroll with center rosette.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Photos added
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

This mark is actually from the 1960s, before 1974 but probably after 1950.

I'm searching to see if I can find extra pieces for you.

Jenniger

So this pattern is Praze, 1962-1963. Unfortunately, after looking at thousands of images, I'm unable to find any replacements in grey, only in turquoise.

You can upload an image at replacements.com and ask to be placed on a list to be notified if they find any--they are the biggest vendor so would be the best bet.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 29 days ago.

I see this question remains open. How can I help you further?

Jennifer