Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a tea cup that doesn't have a handle but instead sits

Customer Question

I have a tea cup that doesn't have a handle but instead sits in a bottomless ornate silver cup ans has a silver saucer. I cannot find anything like it any where and would like help identifying it
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a light yellow outside, white inside and gold decorative flower inside the rim and outside half way down the cup. The mark on the bottom of the cup is difficult to read.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: the gold scrolling/flowers is the same pattern w/o paint in the silver.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 30 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Please acknowledge receipt of the picture. Thanks
Expert:  rarewares replied 28 days ago.

I got two photos of the cup and the saucer.

I need to see any marks on the bottom of the saucer AND I need you to remove the cup

and show any marks on the bottom of the porcelain cup.