Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Book 1859 Central Truths dedicated to Rev Steane By Stanford

Customer Question

Book 1859
Central Truths dedicated to Rev Edward Steane
By Charles Stanford
London: Jackson Walford and Hodder
It has been reprinted over and over as it has cultural importance so foes that mean its not a rare book?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and good day! Charles Stanford (1823–1886), was an English Baptist minister of the nineteenth century and most famous, actually, for this particular book which is still being reprinted today. It is indeed considered a rare edition and at present, I could find no examples available for purchase listed anywhere, worldwide. That alone will not drive the value to incredible heights, as demand also sets the pace for value on books--but at present, based on similar editions of the same genre, your book, in average condition, would likely command a retail value from $225 to $475+ with collectors.

The best market would likely be an international auction house specialty sale (historical and religious books) such as those conducted by Sotheby's or Christie's in London. You can contact them via the information below, should you wish to sell and try this route:

***@******.*** (Rare Books)***@******.*** (Rare Books)

Either company would give you the best service you could ask for, worldwide. They will also provide you with a complimentary estimate of what they think it would bring in one of their specialty sales.

If I can be of further assistance in ANY manner, please don't hesitate to ask.

With kind regards,

Steve