Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

1887 $10 American coin is it valuable? the coin was a

Customer Question

1887 $10 American coin is it valuable?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the coin was a wedding present in 1981!
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is unused.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of both sides of the coin.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was very disappointed as I cannot send photos and the coin is a $20 coin not $10 as you quote. Then I wascharged $48 extra without being advised before proceeding with my request. I was quoted on $10 charge.

The experts are users of the site like you are and have no connection to your account or charges.

I asked for photos (which I do know does not cost anything) of the coin that you had a question about.

We always ask for photos so we can see the year and condition of the item for valuation.

I'd still be happy to continue if you can add photos of the coin.