rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Peral im, pen and ink cartoon signed by Tinney McCutcheon,

Customer Question

hi peral im tim
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: pen and ink cartoon signed by John Tinney McCutcheon , Pulitzer Prize-winning American newspaper political cartoonist ,was purchased by me when i was a youngster at a church bazaar in the town of North Rose NY.The lady at the bazaar told me it was a wedding gift for someone who had donated it. It was rolled up with a rubber band around it.I wanted it because it was a cartoon and i had an interest in cartooning as a child. I kept it between a couple of sheets of cardboard till my late teens when i brought it to one of my english teachers who upon seeing it asked if i new the artist was famous. and i found out about Mr McCutcheon . I had it framed a couple of years later. the dimensions of the cartoon are 13 1/2 x 14 framed dimension is 20 1/4 x 22 also had it done with non reflective uv glass piece is Signed lower right
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: notthat i know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the cartoon,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time( add one, hit send, then do the next).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(NOTE: I do not participate in the phone service.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
back is paper sealed not label also would like opinion on where to sell it
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

John Tinney McCutcheon (1870 - 1949)lived in Illinois and Indiana and was known for cartoons and caricatures.

This framed, signed and dedicated cartoon has a current value of $800 to $1000 based on recent sales

of roughly similar work.

Some sites that I recommend for selling yourself are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.

Try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!