Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Need info on dolls origin and any other facts pertaining to

Customer Question

Need info on dolls origin and any other facts pertaining to this old doll..
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Crest on back of neck inside it looks like a W with wings and a j also.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has a big number "22"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I need to see your doll and the marks. Please upload clear pictures of the doll from all angles, and the marks.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know the doll is German. It was givin to a child on that date. 1932.. in it sure when it was made.

Will you be posting those pictures?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I want to get appraised for insurance purposes mainly..

I am going to have to Opt Out. This will open your question to all the other Experts, and perhaps one will be able to appraise your doll without seeing it. If someone else can help you, they will. No need for you to do anything. I will be unable to respond once I Opt Out.

Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

In order to provide a proper assessment for insurance purposes it is very helpful to see images of the doll and the mark. Would it at all be possible to provide images?

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Judith we just sent you numerous pictures of that 9" Antique Doll. Please send report. Thanks Darrell
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

This is Nora. There is one image showing here on this end of a detail of the face of the doll. Please send additional photos at your convenience.

~Nora