Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an open "case" or inquiry with your website already.

Customer Question

Hello! I have an open "case" or inquiry with your website already. I sent pictures of my antique pastel painting but was told I would need to get a clearer photo(s) of the artist's signature. I had the framer undo the framing and take high resolution pictures of the two signatures in the lower right portion of the painting. There are circles around the signatures. The one to the higher left is what appears to be three initials. Then the larger one with what I see as a first initial and the last name possible spelled out? Thank you for your help! I have been told this is potentially a valuable work of art. Do you still have the history that I sent earlier of the purchase of this painting? I can send it again if you need it. Thank you!!
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I also had the back photographed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl