rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 24 x 36 snow oil by C. Inness. The back of te

Customer Question

I have a 24 x 36 snow oil by C. Inness. The back of te canvas looks older. Any value for this painting?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: two large trees beside water with large cabin on left of painting wih snow around the landcape. The signature is identical to internet oils but my painting is not shown. Bought it in a thrift shop. Beautiful paimting.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: can't think of anything.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I will answer without pictures.

This is an original painting by Clara Davis Inness (1874-1932), a California and Illinois artist

known for landscapes. The value of her work is $400 to $600 based on recent sales of her work.

Try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!