Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some silver pieces my Dad brought back from Germany

Customer Question

I have some silver pieces my Dad brought back from Germany during WWII. His men raided the Krupp estate when there and Dad smuggled some home.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have maybe 10-12 pieces of flatwear left, and a big candleabra. The marks are on the back, however I would have to send a picture of them.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: The connection with Krupp industries in essen Germany Ingraved OHK Oliver H Krupp
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(NOTE: I do not participate in the phone service.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please try to run my card through my bank again. I just ran a deposit, so it will clear. I am anxious to hear what you have found. Thank you, Sue
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

There are no photos here. I will be happy to help when you add those.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I haven't taken any pictures that show the hallmarks and other marks yet. Not coming out clear enough, I will keep trying, and will attach them asap. (been down, real sick for the past week and a half, haven't got much dome at all).
Expert:  rarewares replied 24 days ago.

You could describe the marks. German silver of 800 or 925 purity has a crown and a half moon, for example. We can try and work that way.

There would also be a town and maker mark (possibly) in addition.

10-12 pieces of flatware (describe what those are;knives, forks, spoons)

Candelabra (describe how many arms it has and the marks you see).

Get well soon!

Expert:  rarewares replied 24 days ago.

some examples of German silver marks.