Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 Hummel figurines. cant find a value for them. one

Customer Question

I have 2 Hummel figurines. cant find a value for them. one is a girl with a flower headband with a basket and a lamb. the markings are the V with the bee and at the right side of the V is a copyright c circled and under it is W.Goebel and under that is W. Germany. under that is 1960 a numbe at the top is 361 and the number 31 to the side. also there is a small -c also noted in what looks like black ink. I think my father may have given in to my mother after a being in Germany in the Navy. Would like to know its worth before I give it to my daughter.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: the other is a Hummel figurine of two choir boys who share a song sheet. one has a top hat on. the markings show the V with a bee and W. Germany under that. a number stamped on it shows 130 and another stamp I cant make out. this also has the -c in what appears black marker. would like to know its worth. also given to my mom by my dad who was in the Navy.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Cant think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda