Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a print "Woman with Peonies", the original painting

Customer Question

Hello, we have a print "Woman with Peonies", the original painting is in the National Gallery. However, we are trying to understand the numerator/denominator and how its used to determine the value of our print
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We have a print "Young Woman with Peonies" by Frederic Bazille. The original painting is in the National Gallery in Washington, D.C. We were told we need to examine the numerator and denominator to determine the value of our print. Would you please advise how this calculation is made. Thank you
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: We were told our print's value was worth (4) figures when we purchased it almost 20 years ago and we're trying to determine it's current worth.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time( add one, hit send, then do the next).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(NOTE: I do not participate in the phone service.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello rarewares,
Currently I'll attempt to send a picture o0f the print and send you a picture of the print signature and any labels and writing found on the back of the picture of the print. In the meantime, please explain how the numerator/denominator procedure works and how it's used to determine the picture/print's value. Waiting for your response and thank you.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** wait for the photos and I will get an email alert when you add them.

After that, give me some time for research. Thanks so much!