rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a purple slag glass by imperial bowl with lid that

Customer Question

i have a purple slag glass by imperial bowl with lid that has a squirrel on top
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it was my great grandmother so i think its around 75yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: swirl on bottom
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom and of the piece.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I will answer without pictures.

The Imperial Glass Co. made the purple slag glass round covered dish with squirrel finial (mold #821) between 1959-1960. It is unmarked and is about 5.5" wide. The book titled Slag & Marble Glass, The Prominent Years, 1959-1985 written by N. Taves & D. Jennings shows it on page 14.

The value of this piece is $120 to $140 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!