Jon
Jon, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am an Expert in antique firearm appraisals. I am a collector of antiques. A trained gunsmith and firearms instructor.
66248244

I have my Grandfathers South Bend Pocket watch and I'm

Customer Question

I have my Grandfathers South Bend Pocket watch and I'm trying to find out some information about it like the age and value. Can you give me any information that can help me determine the age and value
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I found the pocket watch in with many of my fathers old belongings. My father passed away at age 84 in June of this year. I believe it belonged originally to his father who was a successful farmer in Nebraska. The case has a cover with house or church like structure on it as well as tree leaves on one side and the other is ingraved with his initials (which are also my Grandfathers) The number on the movement is 441439 and the number on the case is(###) ###-#### Thanks for any information
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has 17 jewels
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

My name is Jon. I will be the expert helping you with your question today. Your pocket watch was made by the South Bend Watch Company of South Bend Indiana. The company was later called the Studebaker Watch Company. This pocket watch was made in 1906 (serial number 441439). The retail value of your watch is approximately $475. I hope this helps. Please remember to rate this answer using the stars. If I can be of any more assistance, just let me know.

Thank you,

Jon

Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

Please remember to rate this question using the stars.

Have a great day,

Jon