Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an old mirror off of a curse ship. It is 59in wide

Customer Question

I have an old mirror off of a curse ship. It is 59in wide and 86 in tall and has 35 panes of glass which are all beveled.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It came from a old house. Its very heavy and looks very old. Has been painted I think several times
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom and of the piece.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(NOTE: I do not participate in the phone service.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** pics that I will send. The mirror had a spot on each side that A lamp of somekind use to be.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Was this from a ship or a house. Is it wood with panes of glass, you mention it has a place for a lamp on each side are those scones attached to the sides? Are you wanting the current market value for this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We think some kind of light on the sides, its wood with belveled mirror panes. It weights a ton. would like to know what it is worth. It was off a cruse ship from long ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did you get the pictures?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Yes I saw them.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.

The Antique Mirror, Beveled, Wood, from Cruise Ship, with Light Sconces, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.