Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 Stanley tools. one is a #608 grooved bottom plane

Customer Question

I have 2 Stanley tools. one is a #608 grooved bottom plane the other is a 30 inch mahogany level. H ow would I date them and determine value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They were my grandfathers. the plane is pat date APR 2-95, the level March 25.90. I figure I am the 3rd generation owner
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: There are other pat dates on the top plate, some what hard to read. Stanely, New Britain Conneticut. No Stanley logo on the plane
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will give my best to help. Do you have any pictures of your tools.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Switched to smart phone. Where do I upload pic?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Go to text?
Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

Here are some instructions to send photos.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on the link below for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images.