rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a full set Lenox China 5 piece settings service for

Customer Question

I have a full set Lenox China 5 piece settings service for 12 plus cream soup bowls and saucers. The salad/dessert plate pattern and the cream soup bowls are in the Flourish ( gold spokes on rim) the others in the set are the Olympia pattern -- simple gold trim on rim. What is the value of this set and where should I try to sell it? Thank you. Elaine Gould(###) ###-####
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Where would I find an appraiser. I live in NYCity
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

Your service for 12 plus bouillon cups and saucers in a mixture

of the Fourish(1964-1974) and Olympia(1952-1982) patterns

has a value of $1200 to $1500 retail. Sites like replacements.com offer 50%

of that value, so that is not a good place to sell.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.