AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

Value of my painting clock? Can IO send you a picture? The

Customer Question

value of my painting clock? Can IO send you a picture?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: The painting depicts a group of wedding guests leaving a church. In the steeple is a clock that chimes on the quarter hour and has a music box which plays French tunes on the hour. It has been completely restored by professional clock maker and a reputable painting restorer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Can I send you a photo?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. The photos show no painting and the labels indicate that these are pieces of both a singing bird cage music box and pieces from a clock and another music box. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and I will add your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I am sending you pictures of the painting showing the clock in the steeple Jonathan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Case #(###) ###-####843
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

To clarify--the photo with the Musique de Geneve label, is part of this piece? There is a music box as well as a clock?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as shown in one of the photos. The movement in the case behind the picture has a music box as well which has 6 French tunes to choose from which play after the strike is finished on the hour. The labels shown in the pictures are all glued to the back of the box behind the painting. Jonathan

Thank you.

This is a mid century French picture clock with music box.

Yours appears to be in superior condition given its age. Phalibois Paris was a noted, and still collectible, music box and automaton maker.

Typically the retail value on this would be in the range of $1500-$2500.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this item.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see this question remains open. How can I help you further?

Jennifer