Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 Antique pewter tankards or mugs signed on the

Customer Question

I have 2 Antique pewter tankards or mugs signed on the bottom by Stephen( last name is ***** ***** decipher, looks like Marylrlrane(?)) Can you give me any information?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They were purchased by my mother and I am looking for a notebook that I have that might list their origin and value some 40 years ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Can you send me a photo of the marks on the bottom?

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,
Doris