Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an 1800s dressing table I hope to find more info

Customer Question

I have an 1800s dressing table I hope to find more info about. The attached photos should provide enough detail, I hope. The item is in great condition and it's solid. It also has a nice local historical connection. It came from the home of family who was closely connected to Indiana university in Bloomington, IN. Their home was donated to the university and is still used today by faculty and guests of the university.There are no markings or labels on the table.Please tell more about piece and the current retail value. It's not for sale now, but could be in the future.Thanks,The folks at STC
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

If this is not marked there is no way to know who made this or when exactly it was made. It can be valued for what it is, but that is all that can be done online since we cannot inspect the piece in person.

Glenda