Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a civil war era sabre from my ancestor. How do I get

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a civil war era sabre from my ancestor. How do I get it appraised?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The sword has hung in my grandmother's house for decades. She has passed now. It has a small placard saying "uncle Tommy", being her grandmother's uncle ***** *****, who served in the US army from Kentucky, civil war. However, the sabre (which has its original scabbard) has initials "M.S" on the blade and on the hilt, which makes me think maybe it's not uncle Tommy's, or maybe those are initials for something else.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has a beautiful woven tassel. The hilt is gilded with a federal eagle. It's quite attractive.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post photos of your sword?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0