rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My wife has a set of china that's been in the garage for 40

Customer Question

My wife has a set of china that's been in the garage for 40 years. It was hand painted by her great grandmother as a high school project in 1912 at Steel Hs in Dayton ohio. On the back it says MZ , Altrohiau, CM-R, Czechoslovakia. No one in the family wants it. Any value.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a set of hand painted porcelain made by Altrolau Porcelain Factories/Moritz Zdekauer

of Bohemia ( now Czech Republic). It was common for blank china to be hand painted as a hobby

by ladies and was then given as gifts. Sets like this do not have a high value unless they were painted

by known studio artists of the time because the quality of painting by amateur artist varied. Your set

has a value of $100 to $200 on average based on recent sales prices. From that you can decide

what to do with your collection.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.