Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My father was a physician and back in the early 90's he took

Customer Question

My father was a physician and back in the early 90's he took a trip to Kenya, Africa. He was friends with Dafne Sheldrick and stayed with her at her elephant rescue facility.
One day Dafne took my father to meet the chief of a Nairobi tribe. My father had taken some little tubes of cortisone cream & other little things that he shared with them & did simple exams on all of the women, men & children in the tribe. To show his gratitude the Chief gave my father one of his shields, a spear, two hand carved ebony statues that are adorned with handmade jewelry that belonged to some of the chiefs wives. My father also was granted permission to take a picture of the chief holding his shield & spear. My father passed 15 yrs ago. I have had them in my Hm since. I am interested in selling them now. I have no idea what these pieces are worth or how one would appraise one of a kind pieces such as these. I have always loved & respected the knowledge and fairness of the Antique Road Shows appraisers. If there is anyway you could help or send me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

You have not reached the Antique RoadShow, I assume you asked a question on the antique roadshow page, in the box that says asks question? This is not the show. In order to reach them you have to go back to their page and click on contact, you can ask them about this. this would be the type thing they would be interested in it.

Glenda