Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some vintage Fiestaware that I need to have an idea

Customer Question

I have some vintage Fiestaware that I need to have an idea of what they're worth. Not a complete set as they came from two different family members. I have 12 plates, 8 saucers, 2 cups, 3 lunch plates, 2 soup bowls, 1gravy boat, 1platter, 1salt and pepper set, 1 pitcher. Does the colol affect the value? All have been used, of course, but there are no chips.
Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Are you wanting to know where to go to see what each piece is selling for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm trying to clear things out at my house and would love to sell the pieces.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually, I don't think I need you to call me because it will cost me extra to get the call. I am on a tight budget, which is why I'm trying to sell off my stuff. So, I'd rather not receive a call. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I don't want a call after all.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to know how I could get an amount these pieces are worth.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

I am sorry I am not able to do live phone calls, this is an offer made by the site not me. I do understand you not wanting this extra cost.

.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Values on this are going to be effected by the color, what the piece is, and what mark is on the back of each piece in order to determine the year it was made.

Can you look at the backs and tell me if they all have the same markings ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see any markings on the cobalt pieces and one green small plate. But the others say "genuine Fiesta HLCo USA"
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

This is the information on the mark. These are newer pieces. The ones that are not marked seem to be older pieces.

Checking for Imprinted Logos and "H" Marks

In addition to color and the writing of the line's name, another important vintage Fiestaware hallmark includes the presence or absence of "H" marks as well as an imprinted trademark on the underside of the piece. True vintage Fiestaware bears several markings, but do not include the presence of a stamped "H". If this marks is visible, owners gain verification that this piece saw production in the mid-1990s or later. In addition, the US Trademark Office approved the use of the Fiestaware logo in the year 1992, so if this mark exists on the piece, this is a dead giveaway that the piece is newer and cannot use the vintage classification.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thanks. It seems odd that the pieces from my aunt and uncle who both died in the 1980s would have the markings like that, and also my mother in law's pieces when she died in 1992.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

If you can upload images of the marks, I will look them up