Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My mother passed and we found either her or my Dad's school

Customer Question

My mother passed and we found either her or my Dad's school pencil box from probably the early 1930's. Are there in values to them. It has a snap for closure. Looks like leather but I don't believe it is. It says Aviations on the part that snaps and there is a picture of airplanes on the main cover. The inside is cardboard with 3 sections and has the original pencials which are more square than round. It also has a pull drawer which you pull a ribbon to open. It also has three sections and it contains Dixon Long Thin Leads and an very old small quare eraser and a coupld of crayons which say 021-PARADISE (American Pencil Co New York USA
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Where do I go to find an appraiser?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The binder part of the box has 3 planes the look like they are flying toward you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no pictures that came with your question (the site has been having an issue).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (again, if you already have) of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry, I have no way to send a picture. I do not have a phone that has a camera. The only other information I can give you is that I don't think it is leather but I has the grain of a Bible. Sorry you could not have been of help to me.
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

Yes, photos are so important when identifying and valuing antiques. I will opt-out and see if another expert will

know the items without photos.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Can you tell me what size this is, and does it have any designs on the outside?