LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a full sized picture that is carved out of by Gil

Customer Question

I have a full sized picture that is carved out of wood by Gil Bouhgay. I think I am reading the signature correctly. The queen of England supposedly has its mate.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a picture of an old lady threading a needle.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It was bought in Canada.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi Jay,
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I uploaded the picture.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get the picture? I added it by "add files". No paperclip found.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is anyone there??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to go back to work now. I don't know what happened to the conversation.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 month ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. The only thing I need is a clear close of the artist signature if available. Also the measurements this will help in giving you an accurate value. Thank you. Since I am mobile it may say to rate me also please do not rate me until I have been able to answer you fully. Thank you

I have found the following Gil Bourgault (1937-2005) Sculptor. Son of J. J. Bourgault and Antoinette Caron. He comes from a line of carvers that is well known.

There were many sculptors and wood carvers working in St-Jean-Port-Joli, Quebec who were members of the family of the three primary Bourgault brothers. Both male and female. There were siblings of the original three brothers,as well as nieces and nephews and the children of the three brothers and cousins. And also we mustn’t forget their ancestors. The work of Medard, Andre and Jean-Julien is saturated with older inherited skills and memories.

and you can see the whole listing of his family where I found the information at the following link http://lyleelderfolkart.com/artist-bios/bourgault-the-family-members/

to value the piece will just need the measurements and a clear close up of the signature to compare and authenticate it is his piece. I look forward to finishing this for you with the value and any further information I can research for you on this item.