rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an ornately engraved antique Meriden Silver Plate

Customer Question

I have an ornately engraved antique Meriden Silver Plate Company, quadruple plated silver flask with a "shot-glass" top that collapses to seal opening. It is engraved with the name "J.W. Gribble" on the front. On the bottom is stamped a "20"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

This is a circa 1890 silver plated (not sterling) flask in pattern number 20.

This shape with shot glass cap was available in a few different patterns, this one having

a simple frieze of flourishes around the piece and a place for the monogram. It was common back then for everyone to monogram their possessions, so the name is ***** ***** famous or important in this case. The average selling price

for these flasks is $25 to $30 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.