Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Hamilton, Laidlaw & Co G dish or shallow basket. Is

Customer Question

I have a Hamilton, Laidlaw & Co G dish or shallow basket. Is it valuable? When was it made? # 6736 is on stamped makings.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: E P N S, H & L, with possibly a G under it. #6736. Is this "basket" a pastry or sweets or candy server? It has a double tube handle with a ball in the center
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will use my phone to take a picture. It has a gmail acct on it : 360***@******.*** i need the email address
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

I am sorry I am unable to do a live phone conversation.

The item has to be seen in order to value this.

If you have to email this picture to me then you have to send it like this.

.

.
.
.
.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
l need email address to sen photo
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

.
.
.
.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just sent 2 photos
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did my phone shots get to you?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
email me ? [email protected] com or***@******.***
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Please read all of this message.

I did not get pictures yet. If you emailed them just like I showed you, then they should get them at the justanswer site. Then they will forward them to me.

Appraisers are not employees of just answer. Appraisers come to the site to answer questions that the customers post there. We do not work on justanswer.

I will let you know as soon as these are forwarded to me.