rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a table chair that I'd like appraised. Who can I send

Customer Question

I have a table chair that I'd like appraised. Who can I send photos to to get an estimate of its value? Thanks, Joan
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'd like to know the value of my chair table and what century it is from, and who made it.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the chair as a table, and any marks, labels or writing on the underside of the chair seat. Let me also know how it is constructed (small nails, staples, glue, pegs?) if you can tell from looking at where piece are connected to each other.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi - The additional photos show the wear and tear. I can go back and look at the chair to try to find a label, if there is one. From the photo called "antique 3 chair table," it looks like there are wooden pegs in its construction when I enlarge the photo and look at the joint.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This convertible chair/table is from circa 1910-1915 and is in a style

that was later created in a large size by Stickley Furniture. This piece

does not have the size, construction (thru-tenon and added drawer on the bottom) or type of more broadly spaced brads

like Stickley pieces do, so I do not think it is from that maker. Exact maker would be unknown unless

you do find a label or burnished mark somewhere. It looks to be a dark stained oak.

The condition is rough, but it is still an interesting piece. This chair table has a current value of $200 to $250.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!