ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have a 1918 railroad maps case with all lower 48 states

Customer Question

I have a 1918 railroad maps case with all lower 48 states and Canada. The maps are all in good shape two excellent shape the map case itself is in good shape.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 month ago.

These vintage map cases are fantastic! In antique shops these sell at the $800 to $1,200 level and at auction, they typically bring $500 to $700. This one sold for a bid of $600 a few years ago (see: https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/9093856_rand-mcnally-12-drawer-railroad-map-case)

Please rate my professionalism in answering your question using the 5-star in the upper corner. It is the sole way that Just Answer experts receive credit for answering questions and it closes the question so I can help others as I helped you. Thank you.

Following-up!. If you found this helpful, please use the rating system in the upper corner of the question to rate my professionalism as it's the sold way experts get credit for assisting people and it can close the question so I can help others as I helped you.

Following-up one final time to see if I can be of further assistance on this question or if something went wrong that's keeping you from rating my professionalism.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.

This will close out the question and allow me to assist others, as I assisted you.